Create or Modify Extensions
- Go to the user profile dropdown menu.
- Click on Extension Management.
- From here you can create and modify Internal and External Extensions.
Create an Internal Extension
- Click the Create Extension button. The sample code provided includes a "toLowerCase" function which would update all inputs to lower case. Notice the specific format required that includes: "updates", "action", "attributes", "value".
- The Function to Execute defaults to helloWorld but is just the starting point for the program to run. This can be updated if desired.
- Update the code to perform any action desired. You may update the package.json for a Node program and similar for Go or Python. Input and response interfaces can be found below in this documentation.
- Update the Name of the extension. Only AlphaNumeric characters are allowed.
- Then select the Privacy of the extension being created. This can be Private (only for the creator) or for the entire Team, accessible across projects.
- Click Create Extension.
- The new extension will appear in the list.
Create an External Extension
- Click the Create External Extension button.
- Input the Name of your extension. This must be AlphaNumeric.
Input the POST Endpoint for your API. This endpoint must follow identical guidelines for input and output parameters as Internal Extensions.
The new extension will appear in the list.
Test your Extension
Internal and External Extensions are tested in the same way.
Run Parameters Body examples and supported fields can be found in the User Guide: Extension Samples.
- Click an extension to open a testing modal. Add various inputs to the extension to make sure it works in the Action Types (Inputs, Clicks, etc) as expected.
- Click Run.
- Output will be returned:
Delete an Extension
Extensions can be unmapped from an Action via the Mapping dialog noted above.
Extensions can be deleted from the Extension Management page.
- Hover over the Extension.
- Click the X icon
- Confirm the deletion. NOTE: Deleting Extensions that are mapped will delete the existing mappings.