The Slider View is a detailed, interactive look at execution results for each browser, with step by step screenshots, before and after comparison views, and network and cookie details to help with troubleshooting!
See your results to easily and visually understand what’s passed and failed, as well as the details of what changed. High definition screenshots are captured before, during, and after each Action. Compare the results of your test's most recent execution with when it was created, or its previous successful run.
Access the Slider View
- Open any Browser results tab on the Test Details page with a completed execution.
- Click the View Results button or click the View button to the right of any Action.
Tour of the Slider View
- Test Name | Browser tabs:
- Switch to the execution results from a different Browser.
- Screenshot Comparison:
- View the selected Action as it appeared during this execution, the previous successful run, or when the Action was recorded in Architect.
- See the current screenshot side-by-side with either the previous successful run or with creation in Architect.
- URL | Screenshot Interval | Zoom | Expand:
- View and Copy the URL recorded for each Action.
- Select from three screenshots taken before, during, and after each Action.
- Zoom in or out in the screenshot display.
- Expand to see the full screen capture of the Action.
- Exit Slider View
- Return to the Test Details page.
- Screenshot display
- View each Action to find why an Action may have failed and where your test can be improved.
- Drag the Slider bar to compare differences side-by-side during Screenshot comparison.
- Test Actions panel
- Select an Action in the Test sequence to see the associated screenshots and data captured during recording and execution results.
- Expand the Action for Optional and Skip Action flags.
- With the Action menu, open Local Edit, Create a Defect (if you have enabled the Jira Defect Integration), Report to the AI, Force Fail the Action, or Delete the Action.
- Click the gear icon to open the Action Settings.
- Page Object
- Page Objects are surrounded by a dark border, as on the Test Details page.
- View and Copy Attribute data for the Action as recorded in the current execution, the previous successful run, and as it was recorded in Architect.
- Network and Console data will display when available.
- Expand the Footer panel to your preference.
Insert an Action
- Open the Slider View for a test in your Project.
- Hover between Actions. An Insert Action ⊕ icon will appear.
- Click the Insert Action ⊕ icon to view the Insert Action menu. Select the Action.
NOTE: All Actions are available, both element-based actions and non element-based.
- Element-based Actions will prompt to select the element in the screenshot for the Action.
- Enter settings in the modal according to the Action selected.
- Click Insert.
- The new Action is now in place in the test.
NOTE: There will not be a screenshot available for the Action until the next execution. The attribute data in the Footer will also be unavailable until a successful execution.
Each Action has certain settings, flags, and information associated with it.
See User Guide: Action Settings
See also: Action Types
See also: Test Details Page