Download and Install Functionize CLI Overview
The Functionize CLI allows a user to connect with external tools more easily, such as Jenkins. The CLI is designed to work on both Windows and macOS/Linux machines. There are two core parts of the CLI:
Tunnel setup: This allows a user to access local sites that are not publicly available over the internet
Application commands: Functionize offers a robust set of command-line options to run tests, manage tests, create projects, users, and much more - these help you automate the usage of the application from systems such as CI/CD tools, onboarding tools, and more
Download the installer here.
Your Client ID and Client Secret will be required for configuration.
These can be found by opening the User menu and selecting API Keys from the main Functionize dashboard.
Installation for macOS/Linux
- Extract the installer zip file from link above
- Open a Terminal window
- Navigate to the extracted zip file
Run the following command in the Terminal window:
The following result from the command will appear in the Terminal window:
Installing Functionize CLI. Detected Mac(Linux) platform. Installation was successful
Please run the following command in the Terminal window to get started
- Functionize is not yet recognized as a 'Trusted Developer' - at this point a user will receive a message that the process was killed and will get a pop-up window about not opening files from 'Untrusted Developers'
- Click Cancel on the modal window explaining the untrusted status
- Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy and click Allow Anyway
Return to the Terminal window and run the following command again:
- A pop-up will open to confirm you want to open an app from an unidentified developer, click Open
- The Functionize CLI Help library will appear with the main list of available Commands and Flags
- Configure the .yaml file with your Client ID and Client Secret, see below
Run the following command in the Terminal window to generate an authentication token:
fze token generate
Installation for Windows
- Extract the installer zip file
- Run the install.exe file
Enter Client ID and Client Secret from the API Keys menu, see above, as well as the Functionize end point, if needed
Note: Installation will default to 'app.functionize.com' - if an option is not entered. This bypasses the need to manually edit the configuration file as shown below.
- Follow the prompts in the installation wizard through to completion
- Open a Windows Command Line window
Run the following command on the Command Line window:
- The Functionize CLI Help library with the main list of available Commands and Flags
Run the following command on the Command Line window to generate the authentication token:
fze token generate
For macOS and Linux users, you must manually add your Client ID and Client Secret from the API Keys menu, see above, as well as your Functionize end point to the configuration .yaml file. You can use the default file '.functionize-go-cli.yaml' or you can create your own.
- Use your preferred text editor to open the .yaml file
- Copy and paste the Client ID and Client Secret strings from the API Keys menu in Functionize
Enter the Functionize end point
Note: Installation will default to 'app.functionize.com' - if an option is not entered.
- Save and quit your text editor
Proceed to generating your authentication token