Decision Actions are created to make an action dependent on a previous successfully executed step. In order to create a decision action, the dependent step must be marked as an optional action AND must execute successfully. See Making Steps Optional or Suppressed in a Test Case.
To Create a Decision Action
- From the slider view, go to the step that should only execute if the previous step was successful.
- Click on Action Log.
- Under the Standard Attributes tab, scroll down to Decision Action field.
- Select the Decision Action that allows the decision from the dropdown menu.
NOTE: Only the steps marked as Optional Actions (above) will be available for selection.
- Determine the Decision Result Use as True/False. Example: Select True to create a Decision Action where "Step 3.1 will only execute, if the optional step (2.1) executes successfully."
- Click Save.
- The Decision Action is now identified.