Creating Tests with Architect
At its heart, Architect is an intelligent test recorder powered by machine learning. However, it is much more than this. Architect also offers cutting edge features that allow it to create incredibly complex test cases. Architect is available as a Google Chrome extension that you can install from the Chrome Web Store. Of course to use it, you will need a Functionize account.
It’s really important to plan your test before you try to create it in Architect. You need to start with a clear step-by-step test case as described above. The vital thing is to make sure you identify good points for verifications throughout the test case.
See also: Best Practices for Using Verifications
Best Practices for Using Architect
Before using Architect, there a few best practice steps to consider:
- Chrome is the only supported browser.
- Chrome must be updated.
- Incognito mode cannot be used.
- Have a single tab open.
- We suggest creating a new Chrome user that has no other plugins installed to help avoid potential interactions.
- When editing:
- Make sure to start the Architect
- Wait for the pages to fully load before beginning any edits
- Click in the center of elements
- Click slowly, waiting for each action to fully complete
See also Installation & SetUp of Architect.