What is SmartFix?
With all the data collected during both test case creation and every execution, the system understands what to do at every step within the test case. As changes are made to the application under test, the system does not always determine correctly the correct interaction with the site. However, SmartFix can help you train the system to learn your test's intention, even if the ML gets it wrong. SmartFix will offer several typical types of suggestions to help you easily maintain your tests as your site changes.
Types of SmartFix Suggestions
Element Selection Suggestions provides alternate element suggestions for all elements available.
Verification Suggestions offer updates on verification steps when the assertions fail.
Password Warning indicate that a password may be incorrect. There is nothing to update with the test in this scenario, but rather assistance in diagnosing a potential issue.
Element Selection Suggestions
1. Open the slider view:
2. Scroll to the action that shows a SmartFix flag.
3. Hover over the SmartFix flag to preview the suggestion(s):
4. Either click on the SmartFix flag to see more details, or click the Review button to view alternate element suggestions.
5. SmartFix recommends alternate elements to select, as highlighted by the BLUE boxes, versus the actual element that was selected in GREEN. See below:
6. Click on the correct suggested element if available.
*Note: You can also hover over ANY element to receive a border outline of that element for selection, not just the elements that were suggested to you.
7. Once the desired element is selected, a confirmation window will display to confirm the selection and update the test case with 1-Click!
8. Click Update to update the test case. The next time the test case is executed, the newly selected element will be used and should result in a passing test case.
NOTE: Sometimes the desired element will not display as an alternate element suggestion. If this is the case, you may either do a Live Edit to re-select the test in question, or update the Selector on the step to manually point to correct element.
Attribute Suggestions/Change Text Verifications
1. Open the slider view.
2. Scroll to the action that includes the SmartFix flag.
3. Proceed to Review the SmartFix suggestion.
4. Select a new operator. For example, selecting Contains versus Equals.
5. Click Update to update the test case.
*NOTE: this type of SmartFix suggestion can also come in the form of a Change Text Verification in the event the text found was different than what was expected. See example screenshot below where the Change Text Verification shows what was found versus what was expected.
Clicking the Review button will offer a confirmation window to update the text from the old to the new without requiring remodeling.
Click Confirm to Save those changes.
In certain instances, we are able to determine if the password entered on a site may be incorrect based on the behavior of the test. Of course, this scenario cannot provide the correct password to fix the test. Instead, it simply alerts the user that an incorrect password is the probable cause of the failure. See example below:
This warning allows the user to go back into the test case and make the appropriate edit to these credentials.