A Page Object is a reusable set of actions. You can create a Page Object by using Architect or from an instruction (a set of actions) within an already existing test case. Once you create the Page Object, you can find it under the Page Object tab on the Test Listing page for future use.
How to Add Instructions to an Existing Test Case
In order to create a Page Object, your test case must have instructions to group steps. We recommend that you add instructions while recording your test with Architect. If necessary, you can still add instructions after your test is saved.
To do this, hover over the right end of the test step where the instruction should be added and click the Pencil icon. Select Add Instruction Above and the "Add Instruction" modal will open. Once you input the instruction, Click Save, then click Continue on the "Success" modal and the test will update with the additional instruction.
NOTE: this option is not available on the first step of any test case.
To Create a Page Object Within an Existing Test Case
- Open your Test Case from the Test Listing page and open by clicking the test name or opening the More menu in the Actions column and selecting Details.
- A Page Object may be created from the Actions tab or from a previous execution against any browser.
- Open the Actions menu and select Create Page Object.
- In order to create a Page Object, your test case must have instructions to group steps. (See How to Add Instructions to an Existing Test Case section above) This allows you to select the steps at the instructions level. Notice as Set Page Object is selected, a checkbox will appear next to each step at the instruction level.
- Once you have instructions in your test case, you're ready to select the steps that should be included in the Page Object. Check the boxes next to the relevant Instruction(s) and click the Save button at the top of the test. The "Save Page Object" modal will open for the name and description the new page object, then click Submit. Click Continue on the "Success" modal and the test will update with the new Page Object.
- Once saved, the test case will display the Page Object surrounded by a colored border. The saved Page Object will also be available under the Page Objects tab on the Functional Test page.