A user can also set (create) a page object from a set of steps within an already existing test case. This will then be identified as a page object and also available under the Page Object tab on the Functional Test page for future use.
To Set a Page Object Within an Existing Test Case
- Locate the test case on the Functional Tests page, click Actions >> Details.
- Then click on the Action Log tab.
- Select the Actions icon (far right) and select Set Page Object.
- It is important to note that the test case must be set up with steps separated out by instruction so that a user is able to select the steps at the instructions level. Notice as Set Page Object is selected, a checkbox will appear next to each step at the instruction level. (See below for details).
- Best Practice is to add instructions while recording with Architect. If necessary, the ability to manually add instructions to the already created Architect test case, is possible. Simply locate within the test case where the additional instruction is to be added, click the pencil icon then select Add Instructions Above. Note this option is not available on any 1st step of a test case.
- When ready to select the steps that should be included in the Page Object, check the boxes next to those steps , as shown below, the click Save. A pop up window will display to create the Page Object Name and optional description. When finished, click Submit.
- Once saved, the test case will highlight the set of instructions (purple) that have been saved as a page object AND the saved page object will now be available under the Page Objects tab on the Functional Test page.