Once a Page Object (Resusable Element) has been created, it can be added at any time during test case creation in Architect.
How to Add an Existing Page Object During Test Case Creation
- Page Objects, once created, are stored in the Page Objects tab on the Functional Test page.
- To add an existing page object to a test case during creation, launch Architect for the application under test. *In this example, we will be adding the Page Object = Demo Site_Page Object to a test case during creation.
- To add the page object, click on the + Type Instructions in Architect to open Advanced Actions.
- Select Page Objects (see below)
- Select from the list of available (already created) page objects. Here we are selecting Demo Site_Page Object.
- This will open and display the list of test case steps related to this page object. See below:
- Click Add to add this page object to the test case steps.
- The page object has now been added to the test case, noting the PO flag in green.
- PLEASE NOTE: At this time, it may be necessary to walk the page object and then delete the recorded steps before the user can continue the test case creation. This will be resolved shortly.
- Proceed as usual, recording the steps in the test case.
- When test case creation is complete, proceed to Save and name the test case, with the page object included. Noting, the Test Type = Test Case.