It is important to familiarize yourself with all the tools available to you before getting started with training of the Functionize solution. Below is a list of links we recommend you bookmark.
Functionize Support & Documentation The landing hub for Functionize Support
Functionize Support Portal Submit technical issues
Functionize User Guides Tutorials, User Guides & Best Practices
Functionize Release Notes Release Notes for Front End and Architect
- Watch the Platform WalkThrough.
- Please read Best Practices for Creating Effective Test Cases before beginning your first training session.
- Install the Architect plugin. Instructions can be found HERE to install.
- Review the User Guide section of documentation on Architect Test Case Creation.
There are 3 ways to create test cases in Functionize.
1. Architect *preferred
- All advanced features are available but not required
- Fully up to user to ensure the test is running
- Offers immediate feedback
2. NLP (Natural Language Processing) Live
- Some advanced features available to include (File Viewer, Email, SMS, Wait)
- User must walk the flow of the test
- User has ability to upload instructions
- Test case still runs through the modelling process so modelling may take hours to return results, though fewer errors in general.
- Reduced remodelling needed due to errors
3. NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- User can upload instructions
- Test instructions must be very detailed.
- Test case still goes through modelling, so modelling may take hours to return.
You are now ready to move on to Training Session 1 - Create a Test, Automate & Execute.