The Architect can be used to generate random test data, including fully functional email addresses and date formats that can be checked as part of a test case. This functionality makes it easy to test many use cases, including form fills, user signups, password resets, and marketing email automation.
Generating random data is an advanced action that can be accessed by clicking the plus (+) icon next to "Type instructions" in Architect. Then click Generate Data.
From the menu, select the data type to generate.
Based on the selection made, appropriate data parameters will display. Make a selection.
Generate a Random Email
- Click Email. A random email address output example will display.
NOTE: The random email address generated will always be a 'functionizeapp.com' email address.
- Click Set Target. The random email address has been created and can now be accessed as part of the test case using the email reader.
- This email can now be input into the email address field in the test case being created. See more information on the Functionize Email Reader Tool.
Generate a Random Date
- Click Date. The default date format is MM/DD/YYYY. Other date formats are available to support commonly used date formats in various countries as follows: DD/MM/YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD, MM/DD/YY, and DD/MM/YY. These other date formats are accessible by clicking the drop down menu under Date Format.
- Select the desired Date Format, Date Delimiter, and corresponding formats to see the output example.
- Click Set Target when ready. The input date format is now ready to use in the test case being created.