The Architect is used to create test cases by moving through the site workflow. This solution removes the need for scripting in almost all cases. It creates fully functional cross-browser test suites. Like all systems that use machine learning, it works best when it has as much data as possible to process. It then uses data to interact with the UI successful at execution, resulting in easily built, robust test cases.
Simply stated: deploying the Architect gives the user the capability of creating test cases with a few clicks of the mouse and limited technical experience.
Before using the Architect, there a few best practice steps to consider:
- Chrome is the only supported browser.
- Chrome must be updated
- Incognito mode cannot be used
- We suggest creating a new Chrome user that has no other plugins installed to help void potential interactions.
- When editing:
- Make sure to start the Architect
- Wait for the pages to fully load before beginning any edits
- Click in the center of elements
- Click slowly, waiting for each action to fully complete
To create tests using the Architect, the web extension must be added to the user's Chrome browser. To do this, the user must download the extension from the Chrome web store.
To install the extension:
- The user will be redirected to the Chrome web store and prompted to download the Architect web extension. Select Add to Chrome and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Once the extension is downloaded, head back to https://app.functionize.com to begin using the architect.
- Go to https://app.functionize.com while logged in
- From the Projects tab , hover over a project then select View Project
From the project, select the Create New Test drop-down then select Architect.
The browser will then be redirected to the Chrome web store and prompted to download the Architect web extension.