The Action Log can be used to edit a test case without the need for remodeling.
The Action Log is used for things like:
- URL Changes
- Inserting custom JS Code
- Overriding selector logic
- Suppressing actions
- Computer vision validation
- If changing the verification types, then the Action Log should not be used and the next option would be the Attribute editor.
How to Edit a Test Case Using Action Log
- Go to any Project>>Test Case
- Click on the Actions button on any test case and select Details.
- Click on the screenshot preview of any step of the test case.
- Click the Edit Action button in the lower right and select Action Log.
The Action Log will open in a pop-up window:
The Action Log contains four tabs:
The Standard Attributes tab is where the user can access the Selector Override and Outcome Override functions.
Selector Override - this option is typically less used in comparison to Outcome Override because Functionize's element selection is robust and leverages multiple data points, removing any benefit from selecting a single selector by hand.
To complete the Action Log changes:
- Make edits to the desired field(s).
- Select Next to save the changes -or-
- Cancel to cancel the edit and discard any changes made.
Upon saving changes, the user will be redirected back to the Test Case.