In this tutorial, learn how to rapidly create a new NLP test case in Functionize.
To Create a New NLP Test Case:
- Go to any project
- Click the green Create New Test button.
- Select Natural Text.
The overview tab will display like below:
Complete the fields as follows:
Test Name = Give test case a name.
Start URL= Type URL being tested.
Browser Run Order =
Parallel (Default): Select this to run the tests simultaneously.
Sequential: Select this to run the test sequentially.
If Yes is selected: The test case will run repeatedly
If No is selected: The user must reset the URL with an API call because it is not repeatable on its own.
Platform Type =
Description = Provide a short description of the test case.
3. Click Next
TEST STEPS TAB
The test steps tab will display like below:
There are two (2) options available in Functionize to create the test steps for a test case.
- Upload the test case steps via .xlsx, .csv , or .ods OR
- Describe a step-by-step workflow for the test case to create using Natural Language Process (NLP) with the Keyword Driven set of commands.
*In this tutorial we will create the test case using the step-by-step workflow option.
Notice Functionize creates the 1st step based on the URL provided in the previous Overview tab.
- Click the Actions drop-down on the far right to Add New Step(s). Add an unlimited # of steps.
- Now begin the process of writing the test case steps. Functionize offers a dropdown menu of the most commonly used keywords in the creation of test steps.
- Click on Click to Type a Description under STEP and an optional keyword-driven drop down will appear, allowing the ability to select one or more actionable keyword(s) = RED or manually type in the desired command action. In the example below, Click, Verify, and Enter are all keyword-driven actionable items which will be performed within the application. Anything in quotations “ “ are the elements = BLUE. In the example below, “login” and “submit” are elements in the application being tested. Any other Natural Language can be included as free text = BLACK
- Test Data and Expected Results are optional.
Sample Set of Test Steps:
4. Once all test steps are written, click Submit.
5. The test case has now entered the Modeling process. *NOTE: Average modeling time is approximately 2 hours.
6. Once Modeling is complete, the test case will be released for review and can be found under Functional Tests Tab >>Active
To Upload Existing NLP Test Steps:
Once a new test case has been created, the user has the option to Upload Test Case Steps under the Test Steps tab.
- Drag and drop files into Functionize or click on Browse to locate the file with test steps to import.
- Import the File to the project.
- Map Uploaded File Data Columns for STEP, TEST DATA (optional) and EXPECTED RESULT (optional).
- Then click Confirm.
- Then click Submit.
To Attach a File to an NLP Test Case:
- Go to the test case steps. (Test Case Details >> Step Actions >> Edit Step)
- Click the Actions drop-down, then select Attach File. Acceptable formats: .jpg, .pdf
*Once the file has been selected and downloaded, the attachment icon will appear, as shown here -->
Continue creating test case steps.