Functionize monitors all front end events on all webpages. This means in addition to performing functional testing, Functionize can gather valuable performance data. Performance data is located in a few different locations within the platform.
Herein we will discuss performance data on the Test Details page under the Browser Specific Actions drop-down menu.
(Waterfall) Page Speed Analysis
Every-time a test runs Functionize tracks page load speed and provides a waterfall analysis that shows what resources loaded, what files loaded, how long they took to load, and the order they loaded in.
- Go to the Test Case
- Click on Actions>>Details button
- From the test case details page, click on Browser Specific Actions drop-down menu
- Select Page Speed Details
- See the Performance tab, shown below:
Then click on the Resources tab, shown below:
In addition to the above metrics, every single action within the test case is timed and tracked.
- Go back to Test Details
- Click on Browser Specific Actions drop-down menu
- Select Action Duration Details
Visual completion is a performance metric that uses computer vision to track how long a page takes to load visually. A next-generation DOM interactive, showing the metrics that matter to humans. Visual Completion offers a visual understanding of the time it takes to load a page and offers a verification video playback. Visual Completion data can be found under Page Speed Analysis.
NOTE: Visual Completion is a project-level setting that must be enabled in order to view the video completion action video.
To Turn on Visual Completion:
- Go to the hamburger menu at the top of the Test Case Details page.
- Click on Advanced Settings from the drop-down menu.
- On the Settings tab, scroll down and enable Visual Completion by checking the checkbox. (See below)
To View a Visual Completion Action Video:
Go back to the Test Case Details page.
Scroll to the desired step. Click on Step Actions >> Watch Action Video (see below screenshot as an example)
Please click on the Visual Completion Action Video below. *Note the RED boxes outline all loading elements. The GREEN box indicates all elements have loaded to the page and are ready for user interaction.