Create/Enable a New Site Environment for the Project
At the Project Level, a user can enable and/or create site environments. To do this:
- Select the Project
- Click on the Project Settings icon >> Edit Project from the drop-down menu (see below)
3. The Edit Project window will display. Click on the Project Environments tab. 4. Activate the Live, Staging and/or Development environments by adding the corresponding URL for each environment.
5. Add a New Environment by clicking on Add New Environment button.
6. When ready, click Save.
The activated environment(s) will now show in the upper right-hand corner of the Functionize dashboard.
Move Site Environment
To move a test case (or multiple test cases) to a different Site Environment
- Select test case(s) checkbox for Bulk Actions
- Click Move To bulk action. The following window will display:
- By default, the current project will show under Select Project. A user can opt to move the test case to another project here.
- Select the Project Environment from the drop-down menu to move the test case to. NOTE: Only the active environments will be available in the drop-down. If the test case has a URL connected to one environment and that test is moved to another active site environment, the URL will update automatically.
- Then click Submit.
Copy Site Environment
To copy a test case (or test cases) to a different Site Environment:
- Select test case(s) desired to be copied via the checkbox. Then click on Bulk Actions dropdown.
- Select "Copy To". The following window will display:
3. By default, the current project will show under Select Project. The user can opt to copy the test case to another project here.
4. Select the Project Environment from the drop-down menu to copy the test case to. NOTE: Only the active environments will be available in the drop-down.
5. Check the Keep Test Settings box, to keep all test settings in the current test case after the copy has been completed.
6. Replace URL Making this change would tell the test to use the "To URL" instead of the "From URL" (original URL) when executed. This is useful so that the user will not have to go back to the test and edit it manually.
- From URL The original URL used in the test case.
- To URL The new URL to use when the test executes.
7. Click Submit.