A Stress Test in Functionize is a test set up to continuously ramp up or "stress" the application until the execution reaches a specified threshold. See also Perform a Load Test.
To Create a Stress Test
Select the project to perform the stress test.
- Go to the Stress Tests tab.
- Click on Create New green button on the far right of the screen.
- Complete the fields in the Create New Stress Test window.
Stress Test Title: Enter the name of the stress test. We have named our example test "Sample Stress Test"
Target: What category should be targeted for this Stress Test? NOTE: The Target selection will determine the additional options displayed.
-Select the Project radio button to target an actual project.
-Select the Module radio button to target a module within the project. NOTE: a Module is a categorization system in the Functionize platform.
-Select the Test Case radio button to target a specific test case. In this example, we have selected the "1- Checkout" test case.
-Select the Tags radio button to target an existing tag within the project. NOTE: a Tag is a categorization system in the Functionize platform.
Project Environment: Select the environment to test in.
Region: Select the region/location from the drop-down menu to run the Stress Test.
Max Virtual User Count: The maximum number of virtual users. NOTE: The goal is to choose the number of users that could potentially bring down the system. This will show what the system can handle.
Start User Count: The starting number of users.
Increment Interval: The incremental value at which the stress test will increase by user count.
Duration Count: Duration the will test run.
Error Threshold: Percentage that will define where the system has reached its maximum load to bring down the system.
Increment Count: Defined incremental increase in user count.**In the example configuration below, we are starting with 10 users, then adding 10 users every 1 min until we reach 100 users or we see a 5% or greater error rate or the duration of the stress test has expired at 30 minutes.
- Once the fields are completed, click Add New.
To Execute a Stress Test
- Click the button, under Status from the Stress Tests tab.
A warning message will ask to confirm. If yes, click on Execute Stress Test.
- The Stress Test will execute and the status icon will change to a spinning icon , indicating the execution of the load test is running.
- Once the Stress test is complete, go to the Action column and select the report icon to view the Performance Metrics Reports for results.