Quick Add Actions is one of the Smart Screenshot functions where you can add actions directly from the resulting screenshot. You can add these actions from the Slider View. This feature eliminates the need to run Live Debug or Live Edit for small changes that don't affect the fundamental workflow of the test. The different types of actions that you can select in Quick Add Actions includes:
Here are some example use cases:
- Adding a verify mid test
- Including a wait in case you have an external process that needs to occur
- Adding a hover if one was forgotten during test case creation
- Clicking on a popup that doesn't always show up
To Add a Quick Add Action
1. Go to the Slider View of the test.
2. Locate the bar with the + sign under the step.
**NOTE: This can only be done when the previous step has ML data. Some actions do not include ML data, and at times, it may not be pulled during execution due to a variety of reasons. See error handling below.
3. Click the + to open the Add Action window.
4. Select the type of action to add. Selecting Verify, Click or Hover will prompt the user to click an element in the screenshot. These are different types of Smart Screenshot functions. Selecting a Wait action will offer an input field to set the wait time in milliseconds.
5. Here, we are selecting Wait, adding a 50ms wait time. then we click Submit.
6. The data will save and the Slider View will refresh, adding that Wait Action to the test.
If there is missing ML data on the previous step before the +, the user will receive a notification that there was missing ML data and only the Wait action is available for selection.
If the user click on another action while selecting an element, the add option display window will close.