Not On Page Action Overview
When testing dynamic elements on your site, it's helpful to verify that an item is no longer visible or available to the user. A great tool for testing this type of behavior is the Functionize Not on Page Action in Architect. This can be useful for confirming proper navigation between site pages, pop-up windows, and items like context-based state changes in menus.
Verifying an Element is Not on the Page
- Start a new test with Architect.
Determine the element that will be verified as not on the page, such as this cookie banner in the screenshot below, add a Verify Action for the element
Open the Action details Architect sidebar panel, for the Verify Action by clicking the white circle to the left of the Verify Action
Click the ADV Selector tab, copy the path in the Current element field and then close the Action details Architect sidebar panel
- Continue the flow to dismiss or hide the element, for example, click the Accept button on the banner
Click the + icon button to open the Architect Actions sidebar panel
Select Not On Page button
Enter the path for the element copied from the Verify Action into the Search Selector Expression field and the User also has the option of entering an Attribute, an Operator and the Element Value for a stronger search and click Add
- Continue recording your test
- On execution, it will verify that the element is not found on the page
- Sometimes, due to animations or network traffic, the Not on Page Action may occur before the element is no longer on the page - so it can be helpful to add a short Wait Action to ensure that your site is operating as intended